HOW TO BUY ART ONLINE?
Just Art artists are showing original artworks online. Their art is of modern and contemporary art, as well as traditional fine art. Contact the artist at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can view the artworks enlarged to see details. Find the paintings that you like and contact the artist directly with the name of the art noted. The artist will be delighted to answer your questions regarding their paintings.
How much does shipping cost?
Artists usually ship original artworks with special care and packaging, with major couriers/shippers. Shipping and handling certain bulky or delicate pieces calculated and provided to you before your final purchase. Most oil paintings shipped stretched (i.e., on a wooden stretcher that goes behind the art). Occasionally, a larger picture may be shipped rolled (i.e., removed it from the frame) due to the shipper’s requirements or to reduce the possibility of any damage. If a painting is shipped rolled, you can take it to a qualified local frame shop and stretch on a wooden stretcher.
How long does it take for my art to arrive?
It is best only to use well known and reliable delivery companies, such as UPS, FedEx who can provide a consistent, reliable global service. Look to ensure that your order dispatched via a service that offers an online tracking number so that you can view the progress of your order and know when to expect delivery—the artwork shipped from artist studios or gallery dealers. Sometimes your desired artwork may be a part of an ongoing exhibition and may not be immediately available for shipment. In such cases, the artist will inform you of such delay and the anticipated shipment date. Once the artwork is shipped, it will typically arrive at your address within a matter of days. Individual artworks are delicate to handle and may require special permitting, causing delays on rare occasions.
Will my artwork arrive with the frame?
Most artwork arrives unframed. Unframed art allows us to keep shipping costs as low as possible and lets you select your chosen framework. If you want to cancel or change an order, email the artist directly. Any information collected from you during your purchase should be protected, and your personal info should never leave the seller’s database without your permission.
Ask if you entitled to cancel your order, in part or in full, at any time before the works dispatched to you.
Take a few moments to inspect the packaging before signing for and accepting your order’s delivery. It would be best if you opened it immediately, in the presence of the delivery company representative, before signing for it. Inspect the contents: if they are damaged, you should refuse to accept delivery or get a signed statement from the delivery company representative stating that the contents damaged in transit. In both cases, please contact the artist or gallery immediately to follow it up with the delivery company.
Scammers pay with cashier’s checks larger than the purchase price & ask the balance sent to a third party.
- No matter how sweet the deal, don’t get involved in any sale where the buyer wants you to accept a check for an inflated amount and refund the overage, including any foreign money order.
- If you accept a cashier’s check as payment for something you have sold, make sure it has cleared the issuing bank before you refund any money or surrender possession of the item. It may take two to three weeks for the banking system to determine the check is counterfeit, so even if the funds look like they’re available (and also if your bank tells you they are), hold onto whatever it was you sold and the funds you received for it for three weeks.
- Photo the person and his driver’s license and keep any surveyance video on file.
- If you have been bilked, call the U.S. Secret Service at (202) 406-5572
- Or write to U.S. SecretService, Financial Crimes Division, 950 H St. N.W., Washington, DC 20223. Also, call your state attorney general’s consumer protection division.
No foreign or overpayment check.
The check must be cleared for two weeks before you mail your art piece!